30 Ways to Enjoy an Estes Park Snow Day Inside
It’s no secret, there are plenty of ways to explore outside and enjoy the snow in Estes Park! But for those of you who want to stay warm while enjoying the winter wonderland ambiance, sipping hot cocoa by the fire and exploring a new town, this is the list for you! Here are 30 ways to enjoy a snow day (or rainy day) together – while staying warm indoors.
- Make it a Spa Day – Pamper yourselves with massages at the parlor or bring the spa to you with an in-condo massage.
- Experience The Estes Ark – You can’t miss the ark on Hwy 34. What you may not know is that it’s a great indoor spot for families with kids, offering toy collections, slot car racing, sluice mining and more.
- Indoor Rock Climbing Gym – Estes Park Mountain Shop is the one stop shop for all things winter. You can get outdoor rentals or have an indoor game of fun in their rock climbing and bouldering gym.
- Museum Weekends – Catch a glance at local history at the Estes Park Museum. Learn about the original settlers, homesteads and more.
- Denver Football Sunday Buffet at the Park Theater – The theater is a great landmark on its own, but did you know they also host a Sunday football buffet? And it’s only a 7 minute walk from your condo.
- Warm and Educational Wintertime Wonders Bus Tour – Rocky Mountain Conservancy offers winter habitat tours of Rocky Mountain National Park from the warmth of a 14-passenger bus. They’ll even pick you up at Fall River Village!
- Go on a Winter Wonderland Jeep Photo Safari – If off-roading to catch glimpses of wildlife is your style, a jeep photo safari may be the perfect way to go.
- Take a Ghost Tour at The Stanley Hotel – Learn about the famous Stanley Hotel, its past and its ghosts with one of their many tour offerings.
- Make it a Girl’s Weekend or Craft Day in – Fall River Village offers Scrapbooking retreat packages for a perfect craft weekend.
- Have a “Framily” Game Day or Cook-Off in your Condo – Fall River Village offers a complimentary game library and our kitchens come fully-stocked for all your cooking adventures.
- Art Galleries – With a number of galleries, the art enthusiast can enjoy a day of local culture and flare.
- Inkwell & Brew – Enjoy some downtime for writing while watching the snow fall along the river, discover unique stationaries or sip the perfect coffee blend here. Poetry sessions are also offered the first Fridays of the month. It’s only a 10 minute walk from your condo.
- Experience a Traditional High Tea at Moon Kats – For cat lovers and tea fanatics, Moon Kats is the ideal spot for a snack or lunch. They also offer a classy “High Tea” for those who want to revel in the British tradition. It’s only a 10 minute walk from your condo.
- Learn How Taffy is Made -The Original Taffy Shop offers demonstrations using their same recipe and wrapping machine since 1935. And it’s only a 5 minute walk from your condo!
- Dick’s Rock Museum – Opened by local geologist in 1964, the rock museum is a historic landmark showcasing his varied collection of gems, petrified woods and geodes.
- Glass Blowing Demonstrations – Visit the local glass blowing studio for unique gifts, great art and even demonstrations of how they make it all! Best of all, its only a 3 minute walk from your condo.
- Old West Photoshoot – Create new personas and get an Old West portrait to capture the memories of your trip, just a 7 minute walk from your condo.
- Weaving Demonstrations – The Church Shops offer weaving demonstrations with rustic looms. It’s only a 5 minute walk from your condo!
- Roller Skate – The indoor rink at the Y is a hotspot for the whole family. Strap on some skates and enjoy the retro fun!
- Indoor Swimming – The indoor pool at the Y is a great way to get some exercise while staying warm. They also have an annual Glow Party for New Years that you won’t want to miss.
Day & Night Activities
- Bowling – Chippers Lanes is a classic hangout. Enjoy daily bowling deals, onsite bar, snacks, pool tables and arcade games.
- Wine Tasting – Snowy Peaks Winery offers wine flights for adults and juice tastings for the kids!
- Whiskey Distillery – The only whiskey made here in Estes Park. Visit their tasting room and craft cocktails.
- Estes Park Brewery – Taste local beers or even their house-made root beer on tap! You can also enjoy food, a round of pool and arcade games.
- Live Bands at The Rock Inn Mountain Tavern – Want to experience the mountain culture? A visit would not be complete without going to The Rock Inn!
- Paint Night – Learn new painting techniques and enjoy a new experience with friends or family during Sip-N-Paint.
- Tuesday Night Trivia & Food Truck at Rock Cut – For trivia and beer buffs, Rock Cut Brewery is a perfect hangout!
- Karaoke Friday & Saturday Nights at Lonigans – Sing your heart out or enjoy the show every weekend at this Irish Pub, just a 5 minute walk from your condo.
- Live Jazz Piano Friday & Saturday Nights at Nicky’s Steakhouse – Enjoy the live performance of jazz piano and a fine dining experience along Fall River.
- Spanish & Classical Guitar Friday & Saturday Nights at Twin Owls – If acoustic guitar is more your style, cruise over to Twin Owls Steakhouse. Enjoy a steak dinner among live music for a great night out.
For activities to enjoy outside in the snow, check out our quick links below: